Add me on Bloglovin!

Follow

Monday 13 June 2016

Youtube and Youtube culture

Hello friends!
If you are not aware (which you probably aren't) I LOVE Youtube.
Everyone from Doddleoddle to Jack Howard, from Dan and Phil to Becca Hodgekins (xD) I frickin' love it.
I know that I'm a bit late on the bandwagon for this kind of topic but recently I have been understanding more and more what they're all talking about.
If you're not aware, many slightly smaller Youtubers (like under 1 mil) have been complaining about the repetitive content that bigger Youtubers have been making. They tend to say that their content is becoming repetitive and boring because they are at the top, and therefore get quite comfortable and stay there.
I COMPLETELY agree with this, I would much rather watch NotJustBlonde than PointlessBlog (no offense btw just making a point). I find that her videos are original, inspiring and just really lovely. Whereas some other creators are less and less fitting to the word 'creators'.
Are you a creator if you film yourself doing a challenge every week?
Are you a creator if you film yourself reacting to a video?
My personal definition of a creator is of someone who 'creates' an original idea.
Now yeah I do know that 'there's no such thing as an original idea' but on Youtube, there is quite a lot of stuff to come seeing as it is still fairly new.
But back on topic, what I mean is a person who discusses their opinions on many different subjects.
Someone who makes short films or sketches.
Someone who writes original songs and puts them on Youtube.
Someone who travel vlogs.
etc. etc.
To conclude, Youtube is a creative platform for people who enjoy creating things.
I know it's evolving quickly and I might sound like an old granny for this but I much prefer watching the classic 'vlogger' where they just sit in front of there camera and talk about things i.e AmazingPhil, DoddleVloggle, Jack Howard, Danisnotonfire etc.
lol
Byeeeee
Annie xD

No comments:

Post a Comment